Packaging Policy LFE
Our packaging is an important part of the products we offer to our customers and consumers. It guarantees the safety and quality of our products and expresses our brands. We are aware that packaging can have a negative impact on the environment, but can also contribute to other social challenges, such as raw materials scarcity and climate change. Our ambition is to make a maximum contribution towards minimizing these impacts within our capabilities and within the quality and safety requirements that consumers and trading partners expect from us.
What are we already doing
Quality and food safety are paramount, which is why we use the EU directive with regard to these aspects (EU guidelines 2018-852). In addition, we believe it is important that our packaging is as circular and sustainable as possible. We try to continuously improve where possible. We actively work on sustainable packaging initiatives and innovations in the field of packaging. All new primary, secondary and tertiary packaging that we bring to the market consists of the highest possible percentage recycled material and we try to continuously increase this percentage for existing packaging.
What is our aim for the future as a producer. Own Brands and Private Label:
- Glass, paper, cardboard and wood are made from the highest possible percentage recycled material, i.e. at least 70% and with an objective to bring this to 100%;
- Our packaging suppliers work according to the guidelines of FSC and PEFC;
- Plastic intended for single use will only be made from 100% recycled material;
- The weight of glass, paper, cardboard and wood will be further reduced;
- We support initiatives and activities that aim to better separate, sort and/or recycle waste flows, both independently and in collaboration within the industry
What is our aim for the future as an importer. Brands that we represent:
- We encourage suppliers to ensure that their packaging consists of the highest possible percentage of recycled material;
- We encourage our suppliers to use packaging that is 100% recycable as much as possible and, where not yet possible, we encourage them to look for recycable alternatives;
- Encouraging to also reduce the volume of plastic waste on the producer’s side;
- We encourage our suppliers to further reduce the weight of their packaging;
- We also encourage our suppliers in the county of residence to support initiatives and activities that aim to better separate, sort and/or recycle waste flows